Our workshops are designed to learn the steps to make the featured piece and have a fun at the same time.
BFF’s are a common pair at our workshops. It is a special treat to spend time with your best friend at a workshop.
Mother and daughters sign up together sometimes because, again, it is a great way to spend some time together.
And many times, we have what I call, “Newbies!” or Beginners.
Beginner attendees may not know what to expect since it is the first time attending, but they always walk away with smiles and feeling more confident about the plants used and how to care for them after attending our workshops.
Here is the low-down on what to expect as a “beginner” to our workshops:
- Expect to be with easy going individuals.
- Expect to meet some new friends and have fun.
- Expect to find our Advanced attendees (Non-Newbies) helping you along in class as needed; many will generously offer tips if they’ve taken a workshop or class before.
- Expect to be in a cozy, home-like environment – See Classroom.
- Expect to learn something new – and surprise yourself. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard, “But I’m not crafty.” Believe me – you will be amazed by the creations Beginners (newbies) make in our workshops.
- Expect to move into Advanced (Non-Newbie) status – and potentially an “Expert” as some of our attendees end up learning a craft and repeating it on their own.
And by the way, our workshops are made up of all types of individuals, some are totally new to plants and gardening, while others have some experience in the garden.
You will learn from Cathy Testa about plants because she has years of experience with them, plus she continues to expand her education and loves to share it.
And some attendees just want to have fun socializing and getting into an art like zone of making wonderful creations.
For some of our annual workshops, we offer “Advanced” and “Beginner” session dates. If you desire instructional one-on-one help – the Beginner session is be best suited for you.
Some of our larger workshops, such as our popular annual Holiday Kissing Ball workshops, is set up as Advanced sessions, which are big classes, and not as “instructional” – more like a demo and then you work on your own with our elf helpers to assist. Due to the large class size, Advanced sessions are suited for those comfortable working alone or with a friend who’s attended before at our workshops.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Looking forward to meeting you or seeing you again!